Sunday, November 6, 2016

Derek Scrimgeour Clinic at Diamond J Farm

Wednesday and Thursday, November 2-3, 2016

Lass, Duncan and I settled in our places to head to Yerington, NV.  Mommy told me that we were going to the farm where I was born.  Lost on me but I believe her.  

We arrived on Tuesday afternoon and we ran and ran in the big field.  Duncan checked out every corner of the field and declared it his!  Lass and I had fun exploring all of the smells.  Lass told me she has been here several times before and it always means fun!  I am not sure what she means....  




Wednesday morning we met Derek Scrimgeour.  He spent time telling Mommy and the rest of the participants about his training methods and what he likes to accomplish with his dogs and what he likes to see in a dog.  Mommy liked him.  Lass got to work first.  She loves it but it is still lost on me....  I like the smells and have discovered a new delicacy:  sheep poop!  But I do not understand "work".  Mommy says I will... 

 



 Derek and Mommy were pleased with her and Lass was in her glory!  She loves doing this work stuff...  it is still lost on me.  Derek told Mommy that Lass is kind to her sheep..  whatever that means.  
Duncan got to supervise....  He complained because the windshield was dirty... 

Wednesday afternoon Lass got to work again and she was very happy.  
 
 Thursday Lass worked again but it was my turn too....  I was still confused...  I do not know what this "work" stuff is.  Mommy says, just wait...  

My first lesson was Thursday morning.  This is my first time up and close to sheep.  They are MUCH bigger than I thought...  and they have horns!  



Derek and Mommy are trying to help me but this is all so new and the sheep are big and have horns....   

Mommy said I will have a couple of hours to think about all of this... 

Thursday afternoon I got to see the sheep again.  Something started happening in my brain....  maybe I am supposed to bark?  

No, that doesn't seem right....  

Oh!  Now I know what the horns are for...




This is amazing..  now I know why I was born...
 
Tess
 
 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment