Sunday, November 6, 2016

To Michigan to visit Grammy...


October 2, 2016

Lass, Duncan and I loaded up in the coach for our long ride to Michigan.  We were all excited because Mom and Dad said we were going to meet Grammy and help her celebrate her 95th birthday!  That must be quite a milestone as Mommy and Daddy were very excited....  Lass and Duncan and I were not quite sure...  




We traveled through Arizona and stayed at Black Bart's RV Park in Flagstaff the first night.  Mommy likes this park because they have a great restaurant where the wait staff sing and perform during dinner.  She wanted to hear her favorite baritone, Sergio, but he had the night off.  Sergio is majoring in Classical Music at the local university.  Next time...  

Just outside of Flagstaff, we met a caravan of eight rental RVs.  They seemed to be traveling together and we hope they are enjoying their time in the United States.  Safe travels!!  

Following Interstate 40, we took a detour to downtown Gallop, NM.  Both Mom and Dad commented on how the town has changed!  Growth is everywhere!  The town is booming with emphasis on the tourist trade.  Great town and we have been promised another trip to Gallop to spend more time.  

All along US40 in Texas and Oklahoma we saw wind farms.  Some gigantic and some smaller.  All producing power.  

In Oklahoma City we stayed at the Mustang Ranch RV Park.  They have a dog run and I found a tennis ball!  Mom let me play with it, well, I had to share with Duncan, but she wouldn't let me keep it.  She said it wasn't mine...  it is!  I found it!  No, leave it for some other dog to play with....  

The next day we stopped in Missouri and I saw my first grey squirrel!  The RV park is woodsy, Lass loved that, and there were a plethora of smells!  Lass, Duncan and I had a wonderful stay!  

Finally on October 8th we made it to Michigan!  We stayed a week at the Wayne County Fairgrounds...  and I saw my first fox.  Now that was exciting!  He just looked at me and I looked at him...  then he trotted away.   Mommy wouldn't let me become friends...  I am not sure why...

Tuesday, October 11th, was Grammy's 95th birthday.  We didn't get to go to the party...  The next day was Mommy and Daddy's anniversary...  they went out to dinner....  we didn't get to go there either....  

Finally Grammy came to see us and we got to meet her!  What fun!  She liked me best....  she told me she liked me best!  








We are not looking especially happy because we are in the pen, but we really liked meeting Grammy...  especially me since she liked me best!  

From the road--
Tess
 

2 comments:

  1. Mommy...Sergio is your favorite baritone???? I thought I was your favorite baritone. I guess I will have to howl an octave lower.
    Duncan the Husky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Duncan.... but that howl just hasn't got it...

    ReplyDelete